FIREARMS APPLICATION INFORMATION
Effective January 15, 2021, all applications for Initial/Duplicate Firearms Identification (FID) Cards and Permits to Purchase Handguns MUST be submitted electronically via the New Jersey State Police Firearms Application & Registration System (FARS). Paper applications are no longer being accepted.
In order to process your application online, you will need the following information:
- Greenwich Township’s (Gibbstown, Gloucester County) ORI Number: NJ0080700
- Applicant’s Personal Identifiers: Full legal name, Date of Birth, Driver's License Number, Social Security Number, State Bureau of Investigation Number (SBI) if applicable *If the applicant does not use their correct LEGAL name and Date of Birth, the application will be withdrawn, and the applicant will need to reapply*
- Email Addresses for Applicant and References (reference letters will be sent electronically so ALL references MUST have access to a valid email address)
- All application fees are NON-REFUNDABLE!
The FARS website can be accessed by clicking on the link below:
PERMIT TO CARRY HANDGUN (CONCEALED CARRY PERMITS)
Applicants may now apply for a Permit to Carry a Handgun electronically via the New Jersey State Police online portal. Paper applications are no longer being accepted. The website for applying is below:
The Concealed Carry Permits service allows for online submission of both initial and renewal applications. Approved applications are due for renewal every two (2) years. Renewal applications can be submitted up to four (4) months before the expiration date. Concealed Carry Permit applicants need to have been fingerprinted for firearms purposes in New Jersey and assigned an SBI number before they can apply for a Concealed Carry Permit. If you have never been fingerprinted for firearms purposes in New Jersey before, start with an application for an Initial Firearms I.D.
You can find the Permit to Carry Safe Handling and Proficiency Certification and Use of Force Training document on the NJSP website here.
If you have lived outside of the state of New Jersey in the last ten (10) years, please fill out form SP-066 (Consent for Mental Health Records) and upload it to your application.
All certified firearms instructors in NJ shall now instruct on the Civilian Carry Assessment & Range Evaluation (CCARE) protocol.
As for individuals who completed firearms training prior to July 1, 2023, and whose permit to carry does not expire until after December 22, 2023, they must requalify on the CCARE protocol, or the HQC2-modified protocol issued on July 21, 2023. An individual who completed a course of fire prior to the issuance of the CCARE Protocol is deemed to have satisfied N.J.S.A. 2C:58-4(g)(2) if and only if the prior course included each of the following:
No substantially similar courses completed after the CCARE Protocol is issued will be accepted.
Failure to requalify under N.J.S.A. 2C:58-4(g) by December 31, 2023 will render the applicable individual’s permit-to-carry invalid.
Firearm Application Fee Schedule (Effective 12/22/2022)
Application for Initial Firearms Purchasers ID Card.................................$50.00 Permit to Purchase a Handgun................................................................$25.00 Per Permit
**Check, Money Order, or Cash - Make check or money order payable to "Township of Greenwich"
Application for Permit to Carry Handgun..................................................$200.00
**$50.00 MONEY ORDER payable to "Treasurer - State of New Jersey" **$150.00 Check, Money Order, or Cash - Payable to "Township of Greenwich"
*ALL FEES ASSOCIATED WITH FINGERPRINTING ARE PAID DIRECTLY TO THE VENDOR (IDENTOGO)*
If you have any questions or need further assistance,
please call the department's administration office at
(856) 423-1950 x313
PLEASE REVIEW DOCUMENTS CAREFULLY
- Civilian Carry Assessment & Range Evaluation (CCARE) Memo 09.15.2023
- Civilian Carry Assessment & Range Evaluation (CCARE) Protocol (09.15.2023)
- Permit to Carry - Use of Force Training Guidelines (09.15.2023)
- Permit To Carry -Additional Handguns Intended to be Carried (rev june 2023)
- NJ Mental Health Consent Form (sp-066) r. 7.2023
- Certificate of Eligibilty - Long Gun Transfer
- PTC - Safe Handling and Proficiency Certificate_Fillable (09.2023)